Head of the Department of Physics
Professor of Physics
Professor of Optical Sciences
Department of Physics
The University of Arizona
P.O. Box 210101
Tucson, AZ 85721-0101
Specific Research Interests:
- Linear and nonlinear optical properties of organic conjugated molecules and polymers.
- Effects of strong Coulomb correlations, excitons and multiexcitons in organic systems.
- Organic optoelectronic devices.
- Strong Coulomb interactions and broken symmetries.
- Charge and spin density waves and superconductivity in organic and inorganic materials with emphasis on organic charge-transfer solids and transition metal oxides.
- Ph.D., Princeton University, 1980
- M.S., Princeton University, 1978
- M.Sc., Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (India), 1975