Associate Professor of Optical Sciences
Wyant College of Optical Sciences
The University of Arizona
1630 E. University Blvd.
P.O. Box 210094
Tucson, AZ 85721-0094
- Assistant Professor of Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Assistant Professor: The University of Arizona, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, 2013-present
- Assistant Professor: The University of Arizona, College of Optical Sciences, 2009-present
- Instructor: Harvard Medical School, Wellman Center of Photomedicine, 2008-2009
- Research Fellow: Harvard Medical School, Wellman Center of Photomedicine, 2005-2008
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- The Optical Society (OSA): Member, 2000
- OSA: Optics Letters, Reviewer
- OSA: Optics Express, Reviewer
Awards and Honors
- National Institute of Health: Pathway to Independence Award (K99/R00), 2008
- Purdue University: Department of Physics, H.Y. Fan Award for Outstanding Research in Experimental or Theoretical and Condensed Matter Physics, 2005
- Purdue University: Special Initiative Fellowship, 2000
- University of Science and Technology of China: Outstanding Graduate Award, 1997
Specific Research Interests
- Fourier transform fluorescence spectroscopy.
- Fluorescence lifetime and hyperspectral imaging.
- Optical tomography.
- Single-molecule and super-resolution imaging.
In the Biomedical Spectroscopy and Interferometry Laboratory, our mission is to develop innovative optical methods for biomedical applications, especially new interferometric and spectroscopic techniques for biosensing and molecular imaging. Currently we research fluorescence imaging. Our research topics include lifetime spectroscopy and microscopy, single-molecule imaging and super-resolution microscopy.
- Ph.D., Purdue University, 2005
- M.S., University of Science and Technology of China, 2000
- B.S., University of Science and Technology of China, 1997