John E. Greivenkamp
John E. Greivenkamp
Professor Emeritus of Optical Sciences
- Professor of Ophthalmology
- Professor: The University of Arizona, Optical Sciences Center/College of Optical Sciences, 1997-2022
- Professor, The University of Arizona, Department of Ophthalmology, 1997-present
- Associate Professor: The University of Arizona, Optical Sciences Center, 1992-1997
- Associate Professor: The University of Arizona, Department of Ophthalmology, 1992-1997
- Research Associate: Eastman Kodak Co., Kodak Research Laboratories, 1987-1991
- Senior Research Scientist: Eastman Kodak Co., 1982-1987
- Research Scientist: Eastman Kodak Co., 1980-1982
- Graduate Research Assistant: The University of Arizona, Optical Sciences Center, 1976-1980
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- American Society for Precision Engineering: Member
- National Research Council: Committee on Optical Science and Engineering, Member, 1995-1998
- The Optical Society (OSA): Science and Engineering Council, Chair, 2002
- OSA: Board of Directors, Executive Committee and Finance Committee, Member, 2000-2002
- OSA: Engineering Council, Chair, 2000-2001
- OSA: Annual Meeting, Chair, 1998
- SPIE: Education Committee, Chair, 2002-2003
- SPIE: Executive Committee, Member, 1999-2000
- SPIE: Publications Committee, Member, 1998-2002
- SPIE: Board of Directors, Member, 1997-2000
- United States Advisory Committee for the International Commission for Optics: Member, 2001-2003
Awards and Honors
- OSA: Fellow
- SPIE: SPIE Educator Award, 2017
- SPIE: Fellow
Specific Research Interests
- Ophthalmic and visual optics.
- Ophthalmic instrumentation and measurements.
- Interferometry and optical testing of aspheric surfaces.
- Optical fabrication.
- Optical system design.
- Optical metrology systems.
- Distance measurement systems.
- Sampled imaging theory.
- Optics of electronic imaging systems.
- B.A., Thomas More College, 1976
- M.S., The University of Arizona, 1979
- Ph.D., The University of Arizona, 1980