Professor of Optical Sciences
Wyant College of Optical Sciences
The University of Arizona
1630 E. University Blvd.
P.O. Box 210094
Tucson, AZ 85721-0094
- Professor of Mathematics
- Director of the Arizona Center for Mathematical Sciences
Specific Research Interests
- Mathematical modeling and simulation of photonics systems including semiconductor lasers, fiber lasers, photonic Bragg and photonic crystal fibers.
- Fndamental theory of semiconductor lasers including microscopic physics.
- Modeling high-power femtosecond atmospheric light strings.
- Nonlinear theory of partial differential equations and chaos synchronization in extended complex spatiotemporal interacting systems systems.
- Sophisticated algorithm development for large scale computational photonics systems simulations including adaptive mesh refinement and parallelization on distributed and shared memory supercomputer platforms.
- Ph.D., University of Western Ontario (Canada), 1977
- B.Sc., University College, Cork (Ireland), 1970