InterOptics, LLC is an optical metrology instrumentation company based in Tucson, AZ. We develop and manufacture value-engineered high-precision interferometric equipment for research and production. The optimization of coherence properties and optical design, together with robust mechanical engineering, enable us to provide next-generation optical interferometers with exceptionally low measurement noise.
We seek a qualiﬁed junior engineer with motivation, appropriate technical training, and the desire for experience in a small, highly-technical commercial environment, to assist in constructing, integrating, and testing components and systems for leading-edge application.
- Construction and testing of sub-assemblies, electronic, mechanical, and optical as required.
- Trouble-shoot production issues as they arise, in conjunction with others.
- Assist as needed with lab projects aimed at new product development.
- Maintain existing documentation of test records for assemblies and systems.
- Write periodic reports or summaries of issues and solutions as required.
- B.S. degree or ongoing work within scientiﬁc/engineering discipline leading to B.S. degree.
- Familiarity with optics and optical/opto-mechanical components, preferably as optical engineering major.
- Comfortable with use of hand tools, measurement tools, and basic electronic test equipment in lab environment.
- Good communication skills and experience with MS Oﬃce applications.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of team, and self-starter on assigned tasks.
This position could be a full-time or part-time position. InterOptics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, oﬀering competitive salaries, health and dental beneﬁts, and paid time oﬀ.
Send inquiries or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org