Tuesday, August 23, 2022
MUST BE A US CITIZEN DUE TO CONTRACTUAL REQUIREMENTS
Alakai Defense Systems, Inc. is a Defense Contractor, inventor, developer, and manufacturer of next generation standoff sensor and technology solutions. Alakai specializes in laser and electro-optic remote sensing and systems integration to detect trace molecules of military and forensic significance such as explosives, Improvised Explosive Devices (IED), and CBRNE threats and narcotics.
Alakai has over 15 years successful experience in consulting, Science and Technology (S&T), Research and Development (R&D), and prototyping in Government Contracting, and has achieved international recognition. Our company is characterized by a culture of professionalism, competence, speed, agility, and ability to manage the uncertainty of the defense industry. We are a small, collegial, entrepreneurial team which regularly excels at achieving the impossible, and have a passion for improving our company to better deploy our life-saving technologies. We protect those who protect us, here and abroad.
Alakai’s benefits include:
- Safe Harbor 401K
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- PTO and Holidays
- Workweek Monday – Thursday/10 hour per day
Assist in the development of Alakai's laser based explosive detection systems, consisting of a variety of hardware subsystems (lasers, camera's, gimbals, motorized actuators, etc.) all of which are required to perform over harsh environments of shock, vibration & temperature. Demonstrated substantial technical innovation, discovery, initiative, problem solving, and both theoretical and hands-on technical skills.
- Assist in the design, simulation, testing, and analysis of Solid State lasers
- Design of laser systems to survive MIL-STD-810G and other military shock and vibration MIL-Spec’s
- Hands-on experience with designing, building, and troubleshooting laser and optical systems
- Capability in interface with 3D CAD modeling software and FEA simulation packages for design analysis
- Familiarity with laser/optical specifications
- Support new business development and proposal generation
- Manage budgets and schedules
- Strong aptitude for data collection, analysis, documentation, and presentation
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Decision Making
- Teamwork Orientation
- Communication proficiency with Standard English
- Operate in a dynamic start-up work environment required
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Physics, Optical or Electrical Engineering with basic laser experience
- Experience in the design, simulation, testing, and analysis of Solid-State lasers with LASCAD.
- Experience in the design, alignment, and testing of Non-Linear Frequency Conversion techniques
- Ability in interface with 3D CAD modeling software and FEA simulation packages for design analysis
- Ability to operate in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Eligible for DoD Secret clearance
Preferred Education and Experience:
- MS or PhD in a technical field or discipline with at least 1 to 3 years work experience
- Track record of successfully identifying and resolving product issues during all phases of the product life cycle to include the design and production
- Experience designing laser systems to survive MIL-STD-810G and other military shock & vibe MIL-Spec's
- Experience supporting new business development and capture
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Work is carried out in a research and development laboratory. While performing the duties of this job, the employee handles hazardous chemicals in the laboratory. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, masks, lab coats, respirators, and closed shoes. An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to organization policies, rules and regulations in these areas are required.
The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at the manufacturing site.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; climb ladders; use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms to a significant degree.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift, carry and/or move up to 65 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is routinely required to perform concentrated mental/visual attention combined with manual coordination.
The employee is routinely required to utilize standard office equipment (personal computer, calculator, and photocopier); laboratory equipment and analytical instrumentation; and perform repetitive keyboard operations. The employee is routinely required to use and/or apply personal protection equipment (including, but not limited to, gloves, masks, lab coats, safety glasses, and respirators).
The employee is occasionally exposed to significant noise level in the work environment.
The above position description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform principal (essential) functions of this job.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift