At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Electro-Optics Product and Technologies (EOPT) department is responsible for requirements decomposition, detailed design and production support of the EO Sensors/Seekers, including the detectors, cryogenic systems, and structures making up the sensor/seeker subsystems. The multi-disciplined department includes engineers that may be responsible for the following: Designing, modeling/analyzing and verifying optical components within a sensor/seeker designing the structures that hold the optics, including any mechanisms needed to move optics, as well as the cryogenic systems used to cool and maintain the temperature of EO detectors. Relaying critical detector interface and performance requirements to detector suppliers and verifying requirements are met. Utilize many different engineering discipline skills to assemble, test and verify optical, electrical and mechanical components as they are built up into the sensor/seeker subsystem.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Participate as mentee and Individual Contributor supporting program activities.
- Optical alignment/testing of optics assemblies.
- EO modeling, simulation, and analysis applications.
- Requirements development, requirement validation, and subsystem trade studies.
- Design of optical and opto-mechanical seeker systems and/or test fixtures for missiles.
- Working with engineering and production personnel to troubleshoot and provide root cause and corrective action to design and process issues.
- Support production related activities in the assembly and documentation of electro-optical subsystems.
- Troubleshooting hardware and process issues down to CCA and component levels
- Resolution of issues on production lines and in testing (including suppliers)
- Failure analysis / root cause determination and corrective action implementation
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Master’s degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degree.
- This position requires 12 months or less of relevant professional work experience (excluding internships).
- Knowledge of Electro-Optical subsystems.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. 3.0 cumulative GPA desired.
- Ability to develop and present technical briefings.
- Current/Active DoD security clearance or SSBI.
- Experience in troubleshooting investigations and processes.
- Experience with test equipment, test automation scripting, test conduction, sensor control.
- Experience with hardware/software integration.
- Class projects, professional internships, or academic research demonstrating the ability to apply technical coursework or skills.
- Use of Computer Analysis Tools (MatLab, Zemax, CodeV, FRED, or Microsoft Excel for EO modeling, simulation, and analysis applications.
- Optical design or systems integration and test experience or coursework in one or more of the following areas: optical testing and alignment, optical laboratory experience.
- Direct experience with EO design, lab, test and/or production support.
- Knowledge and experience in optical design and analysis, infrared systems, optical tolerancing, fabrication and testing.
- Class projects, professional internships, or academic research demonstrating the ability to apply technical coursework or computer software skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with coworkers from diverse communities and cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round. Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Click here to apply