Amazon Go is a new kind of physical store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Learn more at amazon.com/go.
Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company and we are just getting started. We are looking for people who want to join an ambitious team that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
As a imaging and optics expert, you will help invent the future in conceiving, designing and developing innovative consumer products which utilizes machine learning and deep neural net algorithms , where optics play a central role. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team to drive key aspects of camera imaging and calibration architecture, definition, execution, test and delivery. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment and are highly motivated, responsive, collaborative, and detail oriented while delivering to the highest standards.
Key job responsibilities
• Serve as the technical lead for researching and designing optical system and components
• Design imaging and illumination solutions for advanced AI/ML Systems
• Develop novel camera calibration, image processing and computer vision algorithms
• Take the design from concept to prototype and production deployment
• Work with cross-functional team to draft component specification and lead design reviews
• Perform hands-on bring-up, testing and troubleshooting of optics, ISP, CV algorithms and related HW/SW stack
• PhD degree in engineering or physics with 2+ years’ industry experience in an engineering or science role
• Hands-on experience with Optical research, design and development and product integration
• Strong statistical and analytical skill
• Ability to perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis on Computer Vision, Optical hardware and test stations
• Ability to perform sequential/non-sequential analysis using Zemax or similar optical design program
• Simulating and modeling imaging optics and projective geometry
• Proficiency with Python , MATLAB or C/C++
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new engineering concepts and test methods
• Ability to work effectively in fast-paced and diverse technical environment
• Ability to work independently when support is minimum
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects
• PhD in a relevant field (EE, CS, Physics, Optics, Image Science or Applied Mathematics) with 5+ years’ industry experience in an engineering or science role
• Shipped computational photography and/or computer vision products
• Experience with CMOS image sensors and imaging technology
• Experience with multi-camera intrinsic and extrinsic calibration
• Publication in top optical/computer vision conferences or journals
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Click here to apply