Employment at will
SCHOTT is a leading international technology group in the areas of specialty glass and glass-ceramics. With more than 130 years of outstanding development, materials and technology expertise we offer a broad portfolio of high-quality products and intelligent solutions. SCHOTT is an innovative enabler for many industries, including the home appliance, pharmaceutical, electronics, optics, life sciences, automotive and aviation industries. SCHOTT strives to play an important part of everyone’s life and is committed to innovation and sustainable success. The parent company, SCHOTT AG, has its headquarters in Mainz (Germany) and is solely owned by the Carl Zeiss Foundation. As a foundation company, SCHOTT assumes special responsibility for its employees, society and the environment.
- Advanced degree (e.g., MS, PhD) | Preferred: PhD in a scientific discipline
- Experience in new material/technology/product development, process development, or product design
- Preferred: Experience in the development of advanced materials-based new products
- Formal education/training and experience are only a part of the composition of a successful candidate. The rest of the composition contains elements of a passion for the intersection of materials science, technology, product development, and business; the ability to develop and leverage networks; demonstrable leadership skills; a hunger for discovering new ideas and turning them into reality; a real-world intelligence that combines existing concepts with the unknown; and a limitless curiosity.
Located at our Duryea, Pennsylvania, Regional R&D Center, the chosen candidate will report directly to the Director of Research and Development – North America. As a member of the Research and Development North America team, you will use your unique skill-set to accelerate the growth of SCHOTT – with particular focus on the United States and the North American region. You will work across SCHOTT Business Units and Corporate Functions to identify, investigate, develop, test, and scale high-impact new products.
- Think big and inspire those around you to connect the dots differently, unleashing new possibilities to develop the materials, technologies and products of the future
- Identify, investigate, develop, and safely test new, high-impact product opportunities in emerging fields that are adjacent to current SCHOTT platform technologies
- Network among the most innovative partners in high potential business fields to influence and educate external gate keepers about the capabilities and advancements at SCHOTT
- Support SCHOTT business units via technical consulting, customer interaction, and evolutionary product development Project Management
- Lead cross-functional teams, plan and manage resources to test (concept to launch) new materials, technologies, and products
- Communicate effectively through compelling, visionary technical proposals to internal decision makers
- Contribute to the IP strategy and the development of IP
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the developments of traditional competitors, non-traditional market threats, and emerging start-ups
- Develop and leverage a robust network within the global scientific, technical, and industrial communities
- Grow a recognizable presence as a preferred technical partner with internal and external customers
- Performs other duties as assigned
SCHOTT’s openness to promote your further development is just as great as our additional benefits. Ranging from active health management via flexible working hours all the way to corporate pension plans: everything geared to suit your goals and needs.
Discover a special corporate culture where everyone has the opportunity to develop their entire potential.
At SCHOTT, you can expect a unique corporate culture where we emphasize equity, diversity, and inclusion. We know: motivated and committed employees are the precondition for the success of our company.
SCHOTT North America, Inc. is proud to be equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, where employment is decided only on the basis of qualifications, merit and business necessity.
SCHOTT endeavors to make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our careers website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your application.
Your SCHOTT Recruiting Team