Location: North Logan, UT
US Citizens Only
POC and to request an interview – Kory Jenkins (email@example.com)
Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) has been developing innovative technologies and solutions for cutting-edge DoD and intelligence programs for over six decades.
SDL’s internship program provides an exciting opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to get involved with state-of-the art technologies in space-, airborne-, and ground-based systems. With the support of engineers and mentors, interns are able to work on professional-level assignments that complement their academic studies. The program also includes training workshops, networking opportunities, and a variety of summer events and activities.
The Civil Space Division is looking for an exceptional student Opto-Mechanical Engineer for a summer internship. Interns will be tasked with varying duties based on current projects, needed support, and phase of development.
This internship is for the summer of 2023.
- Experience in radiometric analysis
- Proficient with MatLab
- Experience with optical design in Zemax
- Experience with optical alignment, testing or other related hands-on optical laboratory work
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work closely in a team with students and professionals
- Ability to take initiative and ask questions
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, this position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- SE, ME, Optical Science
- Junior, Senior, or graduate student
- 3.5 GPA minimum is preferred