Posted: May 13, 2023
Weekly Hours: 40
Apple is looking for a hardworking optical engineer focusing on lens metrology and optical system characterization to make something wonderful.
- Solid understanding of optical metrology methods and instrumentation. Experience developing novel instruments and/or methods for objective assessment of optics metrics related to visual perceptions
- Experience in lens and optical coating metrology and characterization, i.e. optical power, optical surface quality
- Good collaboration with multi-functional teams, i.e. lens design team, system team, tester team, Rel team, etc.
- Experience in metrology development in mass production line is preferred
- Knowledge in human visual system, color science, 3D depth perception, imaging system distortion and calibration
- Experience with camera based testing system, image process skills is preferred
- Proficiency in one or more scientific computer languages (e.g. Matlab, Mathematica, C/C++/C#, Python, etc.) for the data analysis
- Creative/analytical & critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the development of optical metrology and lens metrology. The team features a highly collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation in the interdisciplinary areas of optical design and testing, device fabrication, display technologies, image processing, and color and vision sciences.
Education & Experience
- B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in optics, physics, optical engineering, vision science or a related field with 3+ years proven experience
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $130,000 and $242,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.