Location Tucson, Arizona, United States of America
Raytheon Technologies Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Job Type Full time Onsite
Job ID: 01575755
**This position is eligible for a minimum of $20k Sign-On Bonus**
**Sign on bonus is not permitted for internal candidates**
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trail blaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation, and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
As a Mid-Level Signal Processing Engineer, you will participate in challenging multi-disciplinary research across integrated product teams consisting of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC), Signal Processing and missile-and-sensor-level Performance Simulations. You will participate in the design, development, and integration of Radar and Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) algorithms, conducting system trades/sensitivity analyses, and performance assessments to support our products and new business initiatives.
We are seeking Signal Processing engineers to work onsite in our Tucson, AZ location.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• You will work with detailed high-fidelity simulations written in C/C++ and MATLAB to develop, prototype, and test radar and/or EO/IR signal processing algorithms and models
• You will conduct performance trade-off and sensitivity studies for missile radar and/or EO/IR applications• You will participate in production and engineering lab test environments and field test environments to test, verify, and validate radar models and signal processing algorithm requirements and performance
• You will collaborate as a team member in all phases of missile development from program start up to live fire test, to provide engineering expertise by participating in project design reviews and peer reviews, including technical briefings to internal department heads and external customers
A PhD can account for 5 years of experience as required for this position.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in STEM and 5 (five) years of prior relevant experience OR an Advanced degree and 3 (three) years of relevant experience OR In absence of a degree, 9 (nine) years of relevant experience is required
• Experience programming in C, or object-oriented programming experience in C++, Java, and/or Python
• Experience with MATLAB or Python for evaluation of data sets
• Experience simulating physical systems
• The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
• Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math, or related STEM degree
• Experience with missile components and systems
• Experience with signal processing techniques
• Experience with running and modifying simulations and performing analysis
• Experience with radar and/or EO/IR environment models
• Experience with hardware/software integration
• Using UNIX/Linux based workstations
• Ability to develop and present technical briefings
• Ability to work well alone or as part of a team
• Good communication, interaction, planning and time management skills
• Experience managing others as a technical lead, team lead or similar role involving applied system engineering and analysis and interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines
• Coursework or experience in some of the following fields: radar signal processing, digital communications, probability and statistics, linear algebra, and signals & systems
• Current DoD security clearance or SSBI
What We Offer:
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey, or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package including compensation, healthcare, wellness, retirement, work/life benefits, career development and recognition programs. Some of the best benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility:
Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.