Manufacturing Engineer | SCHOTT North America, Inc
Location: Duryea, US-PA, United States
US Citizens Only
POC and to request an interview – Jono Starr email@example.com
Schedule an interview: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/SchottNA
SCHOTT Advanced Optics, with its deep technological expertise, is a valuable partner for its customers in developing products and customized solutions for applications in optics, lithography, astronomy, opto-electronics, architecture, life sciences, and research. With a product portfolio of more than 120 optical glasses, special materials and components, we master the value chain: from customized glass development to high-precision optical product finishing and metrology.
- Technical service: Plans new production processes and changes of existing production processes aiming at short manufacturing times, minimum down times and low manufacturing costs. Considers that the manufactured products meet the customers’ quality requirements. Prepares decisions concerning new acquisitions of production equipment and machinery. Advises customers on choosing new production equipment & machinery.
- Pilot operation: Plans, coordinates and monitors production tests as well as ramp up new production equipment. Launches new production machines into the production
- Cooperation with external business partners: Takes part in purchasing negotiations with suppliers. Decides on the execution of maintenance and service operations by external business partners. Selects external service providers and evaluates their achievements.
- Projects: Manages projects for improving existing production processes and manufacturing facilities. Plans and coordinates these projects in cooperation with requesting departments, production and sales department. Is authorized to issue instructions to staff members of the project, also cross-departmental.
- Degreed Engineer in manufacturing, industrial engineering or mechanical engineering
- 3 – 5 years occupational experience
- English, MS Office
SCHOTT’s openness to promote your further development is just as great as our additional benefits. Ranging from active health management via flexible working hours all the way to corporate pension plans: everything geared to suit your goals and needs.
Discover a special corporate culture where everyone has the opportunity to develop their entire potential.
At SCHOTT, you can expect a unique corporate culture where we emphasize equity, diversity, and inclusion. We know: motivated and committed employees are the precondition for the success of our company.
SCHOTT North America, Inc. is proud to be equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, where employment is decided only on the basis of qualifications, merit and business necessity.
SCHOTT endeavors to make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our careers website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your application.
Your SCHOTT Recruiting Team