Assoc, Optical Engrg : Santa Rosa, CA | L3Harris
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
US Citizens Only
POC and to Request an Interview: Sherrie Osborne
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job TItle: Optical Engineer (New Grad - Santa Rosa, CA)
Job Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the
tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job
at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Support development of the techniques, tools, and procedures for all aspects of Optical Engineering for the division
- Support development of Optical Engineering tools and procedures for Optical Design, Analysis, Integration, and Test.
- Document and control optical tools and procedures.
- Provide Optical Engineering expertise to support manufacturing tasks and issues.
- Provide Optical Sensor Engineering expertise in support of NRE contracts and Business Development
- Design and develop new optical sensor payloads for custom (NRE) contracts and WSO IRAD programs.
- Assemble, integrate, and test optical sensors to meet project specifications.
Technical Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required
- Knowledge of many areas of Optical Engineering and
- Knowledge of optical design codes (Zemax, Code V, etc.) and/or
- Knowledge of mathematical analysis codes (Matlab, Mathematica, MathCad, etc.) and/or
- Knowledge of Optical Metrology (Interferometers, image quality metrics, alignment and test techniques, Labview, etc.).
- Ability to create/design optical systems to meet customer requirements by working directly with external and internal customers.
- Ability to work effectively with other design disciplines as well as manufacturing to create design solutions that address often-conflicting requirements.
- Must be able to communicate clearly (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to write clear technical documentation.
A. Education – Bachelors, Master's or PhD Degree in Optical Engineering
Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $67,500 MIN - $125,000 MAX. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Technologies is an E-Verify Employer. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.