Application Engineer | SCHOTT North America, Inc
Location: Duryea, US-PA, United States
US Citizens Only
POC and to request an interview – Jono Starr firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule an interview: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/SchottNA
SCHOTT Advanced Optics, with its deep technological expertise, is a valuable partner for its customers in developing products and customized solutions for applications in optics, lithography, astronomy, opto-electronics, architecture, life sciences, and research. With a product portfolio of more than 120 optical glasses, special materials and components, we master the value chain: from customized glass development to high-precision optical product finishing and metrology.
- Acts as key-technical contact for customers and sales teams in terms of OEM products, product development or applications
- Suggests and initiates necessary development measures for technology and product improvements
- Maintains network with other experts inside and outside the company in accordance with the rules of SCHOTT’s Code of Conduct
- Negotiates customer specifications at eye level. Acts as owner of the specification(s) for OEM and other standardized products.
- Handles inquiries on OEM products and verifies technical feasibility. Clarifies technical questions with contacts in Technical Centers, Supply Chain Management and Purchasing. Proposes solutions and provides cost estimations for quotations
- Responsible for technical negotiations of product specifications with customers observing the commercial objectives of the respective product
- Responsible for internal and external approvals for changes in product specifications and / or productions processes, materials and suppliers
- Leads or participates in projects on the basis of customer inquiries
- Performs competitive analyses, including benchmarking of products and technologies
- Provides technical information for communication and training purposes and keeps them up to date
- Trains sales teams on new products, applications and technologies
- Coordinates production of prototypes for customers and trade shows
- Supports Quality Department in solving internal and external complaints
- Supports the global or regional product strategy; supports Division in Roadmap definition; makes suggestions for annual R&D planning
- Sets up and maintains product file (e.g. medical product file according to medical certification if applicable).
- Bachelor or Master in an engineering discipline or in science
- 7-8 years of experience in project management, product management, engineering, production
- Very good command of English, MS Office
SCHOTT’s openness to promote your further development is just as great as our additional benefits. Ranging from active health management via flexible working hours all the way to corporate pension plans: everything geared to suit your goals and needs.
Discover a special corporate culture where everyone has the opportunity to develop their entire potential.
At SCHOTT, you can expect a unique corporate culture where we emphasize equity, diversity, and inclusion. We know: motivated and committed employees are the precondition for the success of our company.
SCHOTT North America, Inc. is proud to be equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, where employment is decided only on the basis of qualifications, merit and business necessity.
SCHOTT endeavors to make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our careers website, please contact email@example.com.
We are looking forward to your application.
Your SCHOTT Recruiting Team