Senior Principal Manufacturing Engineer | MKS Instruments
All Candidates Welcome
POC: Krista McEuen firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule an interview
- time type - Full time
- posted on - Posted 30+ Days Ago
- job requisition id - R6312
Spectra-Physics, Ophir, Newport and ESI are brands within the MKS Instruments Photonics Solutions division. We provide a full range of solutions including lasers for precision industrial and scientific research applications, laser and LED measurement, beam profiling, precision motion control, optical tables and vibration isolation systems, photonics instruments, temperature sensing, opto-mechanical components, optical elements, and systems for flexible PCB laser processing, high-speed MLCC testing, and CO2-laser-based systems HDI PCB and IC substrate manufacturing. MKS Photonics Solutions enhance our customers’ capabilities and productivity in the semiconductor, advanced electronics and specialty industrial markets.
We are looking for a Senior Principal Manufacturing Engineer who will support Research & Development related to optical fabrication and peripheral processes. As the technical lead, you will use your knowledge base to support fabrication and metrology solutions for fabricating and measuring complex optic surfaces with the following expectations.
- Lead in the development and implementation of new process and/or projects
- Assume engineering ownership of metrology solutions for complex optic geometries (asphere, cylinder, freeform)
- Perform statistical analysis of data sets and understand tolerance and uncertainty
- Supports multiple programs in Manufacturing to achieve division and company performance goals
- Provides sustaining engineering support to Production and continuously make efforts to improve the current process for cost efficiency and time reduction within Manufacturing.
What will you bring to the team is:
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Physics, Material Science, or related scientific fields
- Experience in measurements of optical components and/or systems with particular emphasis on complex geometries
- Optical component specifications/tolerancing and general optical fabrication knowledge desired
- Solid knowledge of optics theory (geometrical, physical) preferred
- Familiar with mechanical tolerancing, and optical blueprints
- Working knowledge of manufacturing procedure and workflow; experience and knowledge of 5S and lean manufacturing is a plus and knowledge of Cleanroom protocols preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary Pay Range: 91,350 to 169,650 per year. This range is a good faith estimate of the expected salary range for this position, based on a wide range of factors including qualifications, experience and training, operational and business needs and other considerations permitted by law. At MKS, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for the role.
Bonus: This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, in an amount to be determined by MKS [or as applicable].
Benefits: MKS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) with company match, life and disability insurance, 11 paid holidays, sick time, 15 paid vacation days, [6 weeks fully paid] parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement [and for participation in any stock programs, signing bonus, etc.].
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
MKS Instruments, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“MKS”) is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer: diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. We win as a team and are committed to recruiting and hiring qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), religion, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability or handicap, marital status, membership in the uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law. Hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications and business needs. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with applicable law and company policies.
MKS is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process due to a disability, please contact us at: accommodationsatMKS@mksinst.com .
If applying for a specific job, please include the requisition number (ex: RXXXX), the title and location of the role