R&D Cable engineer (Early Career Leadership Program) | Belden
Location: Tucson, AZ
US Citizens Only
POC and to request an interview – Tania Desormiers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Belong. Believe. Be You. Belden.
The traffic lights you pass every day. The stadium where you saw your last concert. Even out above the clouds on the international space station. Belden’s impact is found all around the world, and beyond. There’s a lot of history behind us, and so much more ahead. Help us write the next 100 years as a member of our R&D Early Career Leadership Program (ECLP).
The ECLP is an innovative, cohort-based professional development program designed to help high achieving college grads jump start their careers. When you belong to Belden’s ECLP, you’ll be part of a team participating in real-world, challenging, interactive, and action-based learning curriculum, developing your skills on the job. You’ll earn valuable experience over three 12-month rotations through different areas of the company.
We believe in the unlimited potential of a more connected, safer, better world. Our ECLP is an opportunity for fellow believers to apply their vision and creativity to help achieve it.
As a member of our ECLP Class of 2026, you’ll be fully immersed with a global team of R&D experts, eager to teach and learn from you along the way. You’ll develop a strong understanding of how a global business operates from the inside and develop functional and leadership skills that will set a solid foundation for the rest of your career.
Positions within the R&D Cable ECLP will be based out of our facilities in Richmond, IN.
On the R&D Cable ECLP team, potential rotations could include:
Product or Design Engineer
- Develop laboratory experience
- Advance manufacturing knowledge
- Experience the product launch process
Manufacturing or Quality Engineer
- Learn about compliance, customs/trade and project management
- Analyze testing procedures, machine capabilities and material flow
- Experience Lean management
- Research products, markets and competitors
- Learn about portfolio management
- Develop advanced product knowledge
You do your best work when you’re empowered to bring everything that makes you uniquely you to your work. We embrace the diverse perspectives and experiences each team member brings to their role, and we know it’s a catalyst for innovation. Here are a few things we’re looking for in our R&D ECLP members:
- Passion – We’re seeking enthusiastic future R&D leaders excited to take on new challenges and solve for tomorrow’s problems.
- Academic Achievement – This position is ideal for anyone pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Optical Engineering, Polymer Science, or related fields of study.
- Experience – Participants in the ECLP should have some previous relevant experience.
- Intellectual Curiosity – We recognize we have as much to gain from the ECLP as our team members do. Your questions and ideas are welcome here, and we can’t wait to hear them.
“The opportunity to rotate throughout Belden’s different businesses and roles has been the most rewarding aspect of the program. My managers and mentors have also been extremely supportive of my development, which has been very impactful in my experience.” - ECLP Class of 2021 Graduate
Let’s Write the Next 100 Years Together.
Join a global community striving to improve connectivity and security. The work we’re doing puts our people on the front lines of impacting lives and shaping the future. Start your story of innovation by helping Belden write the next chapter in ours. Your future starts at Belden.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, or protected veteran status.