Ontario, NY, US
17 days ago
Requisition ID: 1309
Optical Coating Manufacturing Technician
Minimum 35 hrs/week; overtime as needed
A unique corporate culture combined with a dynamic work environment
Optimax has lenses throughout the Universe! We build the optics behind the latest breakthrough technologies in aerospace, defense, and consumer electronics, leveraging our optics manufacturing technology for programs that benefit mankind and projects that defend our freedom. Our unique corporate culture of teamwork, innovation, and agility provides a dynamic work environment. We are looking for individuals that are committed to lifelong learning and creating value through their hard work.
Job Summary and Essential Job Duties
The Optical Coating Manufacturing Technician position provides critical support to the coating production team through the operation of optical thin film coating chambers to deposit thin films on optics used in highly challenging applications. Through On the Job Training (OJT), the Optical Coating Manufacturing Technician will:
- Operate optical thin film deposition chambers;
- Measure coating performance using a spectrometer;
- Precision clean and inspect optics in preparation for optical coating processes;
- Work in a small team in a Class 100 cleanroom;
- Gain understanding of coating chamber operation as well as deposition process;
- Perform routine maintenance on coating chambers;
- Design and maintain inventory of coating tooling;
- Maintain inventory of spare parts, coating materials, and consumables;
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition; and
- Perform a variety of other tasks following additional training and competency as required by position
- A High School Diploma or GED required. No prior experience required.
- Ability to effectively work with a team
- Excellent work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to follow directions and prioritize with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced environment with good time management skills
- Analytical troubleshooting / problem solving
Other Skills and Experience:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Familiarity with clean room protocol
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Mathematical aptitude
- Initiative and mental concentration to learn new skills and techniques
Compensation and Benefits
Optimax Systems offers highly competitive, total compensation packages linked directly to employee’s professional experience. Some of Optimax’s benefits include: Bonus – 25% Monthly Profit Sharing, Advanced Tuition Assistance, Health Insurance, Health Savings Account Employer Match, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 9 paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and a 401(k) plan.
Physical Demands include but are not limited to:
- Bending/reaching/loading/unloading and occasional lifting;
- Gripping of parts.
- Class 100 Cleanroom. The noise level can vary from quiet to moderately loud frequencies.
- May involve the use of chemicals and solvents.
- Works in a clean environment and works to maintain the environment as such.
- May require area specific safety training.
(EEO) Optimax Systems, Inc. must comply with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) issued by the United States Department of State, Department of Defense Trade Controls. Because of the ITAR, Optimax must limit employment opportunities to US citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States. Optimax is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Optimax will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
If you require an accommodation in order to apply for this position, please call 585-265-1020 and ask for a member of Human Resources